As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Black swan costumes for women are highly popular among party goers. These stunning ballet costumes make a perfect fit for masquerade parties and Halloween fun. If you enjoyed the Black Swan movie, then you’ll enjoy getting dressed up in White or Black Swan costumes for women.
White and Black Swan costumes for women
The most beautiful Black Swan costumes for women were inspired from the black attire of the ballet star. However, you will also love the White Swan costume as it reveals Nina’s good side. The two fancy dresses can make a fantastic theme for a group of two women, whether sisters or friends. Below you will find the best Black Swan costumes for women. As an added bonus, you’ll get instructions to make your very own ballet gown at home.
Black Swan costumes for women
The tragic and beautiful Black Swan ballet and movie tell Nina’s story, a ballerina who suspects her rival to take her place in the ballet. The movie revolves around Nina finding out that the Black Swan’s taking over her own dark side.
Gothic side of the swan
Dressed in this corset style strapless Gothic Swan ballet gown, you’re going to feel your very own dark side pretty well. The set includes the dress, the underskirt and a headpiece. Be prepared to receive compliments from all your friend. Sizes range from small to large. Perfect your character with the matching makeup (see at the end of the article) and a pair of black wings.
Black Swan tutu dress for teens
Young girls aren’t left behind when it comes to this magnificent ballet and movie. They will find a Black Swan costume especially designed for them. The black strapless tutu dress includes the feathers and the rhinestones. The Junior sizes range from extra-small to large.
Black Swan costume accessories
Black Swan costume accessories are here to help you perfect your character. You will find black wings that add a dramatic touch to your look. You can also buy a mask that comes with the Black Swan’s makeup. Additionally, you can get the specific double swan tiara that comes in handy for homemade costumes. Last but not the least, your shoes must match your attire.
White Swan costumes for women
Finding White Swan costumes for women is not an easy task. Obviously the black one was more popular because of the movie and the ballet. But you’re off a good start with this sweetheart white ballet dress adorned with ostrich feathers and rhinestones. You can get it in different sizes, from XS to L.
Homemade Black Swan costume
Now let’s take an eye to the instructions to make your very own Black Swan costume at home.
First, you will need:
- A strapless or corset style black leotard,
- A black tutu skirt (you can also choose a plateau style tutu like the one featured below),
- A pack of black feathers,
- Silver rhinestones,
- Silver glitter,
- Black body paint,
- Glue, thread, needles, scissors.
- Remove the excess tulle and bows from the corset (if needed) and sew or glue the black feathers and silver sequins to the corset.
- Gently spray glue and sprinkle silver glitter on the feathers and the tutu skirt.
- Then attach the tutu skirt to the leotard.
- Paint feathers on your hands using the black body paint.
- Accessorize your Black Swan Halloween costume with black ballet shoes or high heels.
- Finish up your look with a black swan tiara and a matching Black Swan makeup (see the Black Swan makeup video tutorial below).
Although it might not look and sound easy to realize, you can search for the real attire online and use it as a template. Making your very own Black Swan costume at home is worth the effort and will definitely make you stand out from the crowd.
Black Swan makeup tutorial
You can perfect your character with the matching makeup. Here’s an easy to follow tutorial that will enable you to successfully impersonate the ballet star.
How to make a Black Swan costume at home
The White Swan represents Nina’s good side. Although outstanding, the costume is quite easy to realise yourself.
- A white leotard,
- A white tutu skirt,
- A pack white feathers,
- A pack white rhinestones,
- A tiara headband,
How to put this White Swan costume together:
- Glue the white rhinestones on the top of the leotard. Try and follow the neckline of the leotard to come up with a nice shape.
- As an option you can also glue and sprinkle some glitter in between the rhinestones to provide them with more contrast.
- Glue or sew some feathers on the bodice.
- Glue or sew a few feathers on the back of the tutu skirt.
- Perfect your White Swan costume using the tiara headband to which you fix some white feathers.
- Finish up your look with a pair of white ballet shoes or white high heels enhanced with some glued feathers and rhinestones.
If you want the exact same decor on the bodice of your leotard, I recommend searching for a White Swan sample online. You’ll be able to use it as a template. Doing so will impress everyone around you and be a sure conversation starter.
White Swan makeup – how to
For the White Swan makeup, a white foundation will recreate Nina’s face with perfection. Follow the instructions in the video and you’ll easily become the good side of the swan.
I hope that you’ve found some ideas for your next party attire. Above all, make sure to have lots of fun.